1-what is Startup weekend?
Startup Weekend is a 54 hours event where developers, graphics designers, students, marketers and managers come together to share ideas, form teams, bulid projects and launch startups.
2-Why is it distinguished?
Startup Weekend Nablus is special because it is the first startup weekend event in the West-Bank and the second one in Palestine after Gaza’s Events, and now it is coming again for a second time to Nablus, so being part of this event is a unique and exciting chance.
3-How to start?
Participants will have enjoy their time and benefit greatly even if they don’t win. Being part of this global event is a unique and rewarding experience on the social and technical aspects.
The event will start on Thursday and end on Saturday.
Starting on Thursday, the participants are invited to give their best ideas and inspire others to join their team.
Over the course of Friday and Saturday the newly-formed teams are expected to design and develop their business plans while constantly streamlining their startup vision. On Sunday evening the teams will showcase their prototypes for evaluation, receive feedback from the judges and the best 3 teams will come back home with valuable prizes!
4- Why attend a Startup Weekend event?
Wondering why you should take part in this? Well, there are plenty of reasons for that, let us present you with the most important ones:
- Learn and Develop: in startup weekend you will gain a lot of valuable knowledge and experience through active participation. Become an entrepreneur and bring forth your best ideas and share it with the brightest minds.
- Ignite the Teamwork Spirit: you will find out that it is not only about coming up with the idea and presenting it, teamwork is equally important. Startup Weekend matches you with your future team member whom will launch with you your future startup adventure.
- Extend Your Network: Startup Weekend brings together the brightest minds and the most influential decision makers in one place. Build long-lasting fruitful relationships and possibly walk away with a job or an investor support.
- Enhance your Capabilities: Startup Weekend is a bridge towards a new experiences and environments. Learn to work with a new platform, or to program with a new language, how to use a new tools and get introduced to new marketing techniques.
- Launch Your Business: over 36% of Startup Weekend startups are still going strong after 3 months. Roughly 80% of participants plan on continuing working with their team or startup after the event.
- Meet Entrepreneurs and leaders face to face: meet new, creative and exciting people and spend your time doing useful things and don’t let this chance escape you.
- Join a global community: Join over 30,000 Startup Weekend alumni, all on a mission to change the world.
5-Number of Startups?
Depending on the number of attendees, the number of projects will vary but typically 15 to 20 projects are formed in a given event.
6-Is it necessary that the attendants should participate?
This depends on the participants, but Hey! This will be during the weekend, so be active and participate, don’t just watch!